Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How we met...

Cynthia writes...

One thing people always want to know is, how we met. At first I would just say, "school", but now that I'm going to marry the guy, it's ok to share the whole story!

I was going through the massage therapy program at Kaplan in Palm Spring. About a month into the program I started seeing an Asian guy in a tie & black glasses walking in the halls. I didn't think anything of it because at the time I had a boyfriend & I wasn't attracted to Azn's! (sorry, baby!) Turns out, he was our new Assistant Director of Education. Then slowly, my relationship with my boyfriend came to an end and I kept seeing the guy with the glasses and I made the mistake of telling my classmates that I thought he was cute. Well, my exact words to Lorena and Jason were, "I'm not into Asians, but there's something about that guy that's teaching our CPR class!" They wasted no time in telling the teacher what I had said, who wasted no time telling Tim!

The next month was a little awkward because I knew that HE knew and the most we ever said to each other was "Hi" when we would pass in the halls. So my last day at Kaplan came and as usual, Tim came into our classroom to eat what we all brought for our potluck. When it was time to go, I hugged all of my friends and teachers good bye. On my way out I was stopped by Tim, who said, "since you are no longer a student, I would like to take you out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate your graduation." By the look on my face he thought I was going to say no, but I said, "I can't, it's my dad's birthday Saturday. How about Friday?!" He agreed and took my number. That Friday he took me to a Japanese restaurant in Palm Desert and we've pretty much been together ever since!

Just to make it clear, I was no longer a student when he asked me out & he no longer works there!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh! :) that's so cute and it sounds just like tim. :) haha. james and i are so happy for you two. love the blog. keep it up.

    luv
    james and jenn

    ReplyDelete