Thursday, June 24, 2010

And so it begins…


Cynthia writes:

So we’ve only been engaged for one whole week and the wedding is 16 months away, and already the frustrations begin!!! I asked Tim to print some pictures for me at work & some of those included pictures of wedding dresses. When he came home we began talking about those dresses. I think they were absolutely beautiful, but apparently he wasn’t so impressed. Then he tells me to go to youtube and look up November Rain to look at the dress the girl is wearing. I had never seen the video, so I did as he asked. When I saw the dress I laughed out loud and asked if he was serious. I looked over at him, but he wasn’t laughing! I was like, “wtf, you’re kidding, right?!” He wasn’t kidding! But wait, it gets worse…

Then we started talking about his tux. He wants to wear a zoot suit. This isn’t prom! Holy baby Jesus! What kind of crazy ass wedding would it be if I wore that ugly dress & he wore the zoot suit?!


This was more of what I had in mind!






3 comments:

  1. Not a classy Mexican-Japanese wedding, tha's for sure! You have to wear whatever YOU feel pretty in. If he feels pretty in a zoot suit, then maybe he can pull a tio Roberto and change into one later in the reception, like for a "surprise" dance or something. Or maybe he can wear one for his bachelor party, and you can wear the crappy 80's wedding dress above for your wedding night. Just for him, please, don't hurt our eyes at the wedding. ~ Yeah, that's my version of compromise, baby. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed my mom the video of that song, when the bride came up she said: "Oh, she better not wear a dress like that!"

    ReplyDelete