Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cranes, Cranes, Cranes!

Cynthia Writes:

On labor day weekend my bridesmaids and I got together at my cousin Diana's (far right) for a delicious breakfast and crane-making session!

Cranes have become our "unofficial" theme for the wedding. Instead of trying to make hundreds of them by myself, I decided that not only would it be a great excuse to have such a delicious breakfast, but it would be a good way to get my bridesmaids involved!

About a week before we got together I went online and looked up how to make paper cranes. Because I had a little bit of trouble trying to figure it out on my own, I made sure to have plenty of 'practice' paper for the bridesmaids before they were allowed to graduate to the origami paper. We had to convince a few of them that they were ready to graduate, while others were making birds that looked more like swans! (sorry Eli!) We were able to make about 40 cranes in 2 hrs.

Afterwards I went to make a payment on my dress. Because my 2 sisters (both on far left) were there when I picked it out, I took the the other 3 bridesmaids, who are also my cousins, with me so they could see it. It was so exciting to be able to put it on again and see their faces when I walked out from behind the curtain!

It was a good day, we'll be getting together again soon to make more cranes. Guess what girls... we're making a thousand!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I got better by the end of the day! I even showed my mom how to make them! I think we need to recruit some more crane makers for the 1,000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if my mom takes too long with the flower girl baskets we'll have to recruit your mom for that. Then we can have crane-making parties at your house! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told my mom about the flower girl baskets and she was excited just to hear about them, so I'm sure she'll be able to lend a helping hand! And bring your own lunches for the crane-making parties at my house, cause my cooking skills aren't up to par.

    ReplyDelete