Friday, October 22, 2010

Deposits and Dresses!

Cynthia writes:

Hello everyone. Sorry, I know it's been a while since our last post, but a lot has been going on since then. We pretty much have all of the big things out of the way. We have put deposits down for our ceremony and reception sites, DJ and our awesome photographer (Jacqueline Amparo). We actually met with Jacqueline at our ceremony site and walked the grounds a little, brainstorming. We are very excited, it's a beautiful location and she's just great, I know our pictures will be amazing.

Now the only thing left that requires a deposit is the mariachi (I'm going to request that they learn to play 'Beat It'! heehee) We got an awesome deal on the mariachi. We had called local groups in the Palm Springs area, but they were crazy expensive. They wanted $500 per hour, per musician. Plus, they were only 3 musicians. I'm sorry, but that's not a mariachi, that's a trio! Luckily one of the guys in Tim's class plays in a mariachi and they gave us a really good price. $400 per hour for 13 musicians AND they're coming from El Centro (a 2 hour drive).

Speaking of awesome prices, I also got my kimono for our Japanese ceremony. We were budgeting about $200-300 for my kimono alone. I got very lucky and found one for $54.49! That's including shipping...from Japan! I am extremely happy with it. It's a vintage Japanese kimono and it's absolutely beautiful!

I put this picture up just so you get an idea of what we'll look like. Fyi, I will not be wearing the wig!


So now I have my kimono, my wedding dress, and thanks to Tim's parents, my jewelry for the big day! They spent way more than what I was planning on spending on my earrings and necklace. I'm so lucky to have awesome suegros like them!!



Two things on our to-do list that we are looking forward to are our engagement session and menu tasting! We are going to shoot the engagement session at a Japanese garden in San Diego and we will be dressed in our kimonos. We decided to do the photos in kimonos prior to the wedding because the actual wedding day will be crazy enough. We want to get those pictures out of the was so we don't have to worry about them the day of and fall behind schedule.


There are many more exciting things to come. We will be starting with the invitations soon. I promise to post more often and keep you all updated!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Cynthia!

    I'm glad that everything is working out well. It's nice to see the process of what needs to be done, a lot of work but you two have been handling it like Pros.

    All the best,
    mauricio

    ReplyDelete