Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our DIY Wedding!

Cynthia Writes:

We have a lot of Do It Yourself projects for our wedding and I'm having so much fun making everything! My bouquet, the centerpieces, and flower girl dresses are a few of the things we're making.

I'm making the flowers for my bouquet and the boutonnieres out of fabric. (This is the picture that inspired me to make my own bouquet.) I've already finished all of the boutonnieres for Tim, the groomsmen and the dads. I've made my bouquet and taken it apart 3 different times! I like the way its turning out this time, now it just needs the finishing touches. I thought I was going to have to make 6 bouquets (mine + 5 bridesmaids) but I decided that my bridesmaids wouldn't be carrying a bouquet after all. What will they be carrying instead?! You'll just have to wait and see!
I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear a veil or not, but I knew if I did, I wanted to make it. But after trying on different dresses and different veils, my plans changed. I tried on a specific veil with the dress that I chose and after seeing everyone's reaction (especially Tim's mom!) I ended up buying the style of veil that I specifically said I didn't want! I really am happy with what I got though. The dress and veil are a lot more traditional than what I imagined myself in, but they are absolutely beautiful!! I'm ok with not making the veil, I'll settle for making my hair piece for the reception.

The centerpieces are something that Tim and I are doing together. He's doing all of the sawing, gluing and painting, and I'm doing the arranging. We took a mini vacation up north last week, we drove along the coast, stopping at beautiful beaches to collect rocks for our centerpieces. I think you will all be very impressed when you see them!


No comments:

Post a Comment